FROM STAFF REPORTS
Iredell-Statesville Schools and the Iredell County Health Department notified parents of students at five district schools of positive COVID-19 tests involving employees or students at those schools during the past week.
In most of the cases, the individuals who tested positive did not have any close contacts while on campus, school officials said.
Here are the schools where positive tests were reported:
● Coddle Creek Elementary: No close contacts.
● Cloverleaf Elementary: No close contacts.
● North Iredell Middle: No close contacts.
● Troutman Elementary: No close contacts.
● Statesville High School: Close contacts have been notified.
● Cloverleaf Elementary: Close contacts have been notified.
Since August 10 some 99 I-SS employees have been quarantined due to concerns about COVID-19. That accounts for about 4 percent of the district’s faculty/staff.
To date for the 2020-2021 school year, the I-SS has had 32 positive COVID-19 cases involving employees. That is 1 percent of the district’s faculty/staff.