FROM STAFF REPORTS
Iredell-Statesville Schools and the Iredell County Health Department notified parents of students at seven district schools that a student or employee at their school had tested positive for COVID-19 last week.
Close contacts of the person who tested positive were also notified, school officials said.
Here is a summary of the schools where a positive test was reported:
● Cloverleaf Elementary: Close contacts notified.
● Third Creek Elementary: Close contacts notified.
● NB Mills Elementary: Close contacts notified.
● East Iredell Middle School: Close contacts notified.
● Shepherd Elementary School: Close contacts notified.
● North Iredell High School: Close contacts notified.
● East Iredell Elementary: Close contacts notified.
I-SS and Health Department urge students and teachers who experience symptoms associated with COVID-19 to stay home. Symptoms include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, and a new loss of taste or smell.
District schools have been following the Iredell-Statesville Schools Reopening Plan.
“We are committed to doing everything we can to minimize any potential exposure to COVID-19. We are aggressively addressing cleaning and disinfection,” the district said in a news release. “We are working closely with families and staff to ensure we are promoting all recommended prevention strategies.”
For more information, visit the COVID-19 updates page at www.issnc.org/coronavirus.