Special to Iredell Free News
The Iredell County Health Department will begin accepting online appointments this week for upcoming COVID-19 vaccination clinics. This appointment system will allow residents to personally secure their spot for receiving the vaccine.
Remember, there will be enough vaccine for everyone to get their shot, as it becomes more readily available.
Appointments can be made on a mobile phone, desktop computer, or tablet. If you or someone you know does not have access to the internet, friends and/or family members are able to book appointments for others.
Do not contact the Health Department to book your appointment; this service is only available online. In order to make an appointment, residents must meet the following eligibility requirements beginning March 10:
Group 1: Healthcare workers & Long-Term Care staff and residents
To learn more about group 1, follow this link: https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/vaccines/find-your-spot-take-yourshot/deeper-dive-group-1
• Healthcare workers with in-person contact with patients or clients
• Long-term care staff and residents: people in skilled nursing facilities, adult care homes and continuing
care retirements communities
Group 2: Older adults
To learn more about group 2, follow this link: https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/vaccines/find-your-spot-take-yourshot/deeper-dive-group-2
• Anyone 65 years or older, regardless of health or living situation
Group 3: K-12 School Staff, Child Care Providers, and frontline essential workers at high risk of exposure
To learn more about group 3, follow this link: https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/vaccines/find-your-spot-take-yourshot/deeper-dive-group-3#frontline-essential-worker
• Must be in-person at your place of work, including staff who anticipate an imminent return to an inperson work setting.
• Work in one of the eight essential sectors listed below:
HOW TO REGISTER
To learn more about what vaccination group you fit into, please use the “Find My Group” tool: https://findmygroup.nc.gov/
If you do not meet the above eligibility requirements in Group 1,2 or 3, you will not be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at this time.
The Iredell County Health Department online appointment system will be accessible by visiting the Iredell County Health Department COVID-19 Vaccination Website: https://www.co.iredell.nc.us/1441/COVID19-Vaccine
• Once in the online appointment system, select your date in the table for a first dose clinic.
• Then click the “schedule appointment” link in the table.
• If appointments are available, select the time slot you would like.
• Create a new Novel Health account using your preferred email address, or log into an existing account.
• Confirm your contact and appointment information is correct.
• Click the “Book Appointment” button.
• Complete and print the registration form on the Health Department website and bring it with you to your appointment.
• Remember to write down your appointment location, date, and time so you do not forget.
• Do not arrive at the Vaccination Site more than 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
After an individual receives his or her first dose, the second dose appointment will be made the same way. However, if you received a COVID-19 vaccine from the Iredell County Health Department prior to March 8, you do not need to make an appointment in order to receive your second dose. You will be notified via an automated call when to return to receive your second dose.
The Iredell County Health Department will continue offering the vaccine at various locations throughout the community, but moving forward, appointments will be required to attend.
Remember, together the COVID-19 vaccination and following recommendations for how to protect yourself and others will offer the best protection from getting and spreading COVID-19. Individuals who have received their COVID-19 vaccine, should still wear a face covering over their nose and mouth, stay at least 6 feet away from others, and wash their hands.
♦ If you have any questions, please call the Iredell County Health Department COVID-19 Vaccination
Hotline at 704-878-5300 and then press 1.
♦ Iredell County Health Department COVID-19 Vaccine Information: https://www.co.iredell.nc.us/1441/COVID19-Vaccine