Two men face felony charges in connection with a residential burglary following an investigation by the Iredell County Sheriff’s Office.

Travis Reed
Christopher Jarvis

Sheriff Darren Campbell announced the arrests of Christopher Cole Jarvis, 27, of Woodbrook Lane, Statesville, and Travis David Reed, 26, of Hickory Highway, Statesville, in a news release Wednesday.

The ICSO began investigating on December 8 after deputies were dispatched for a breaking and entering of a residence on Deer Creek Trail, Campbell said.

The homeowner reported that several items had been stolen from inside the residence while the home was under renovation. Items reported stolen included several appliances, tools and other personal items totaling over $11,000 in value, according to the news release.

The case was assigned to Detective J. Adams with the Criminal Investigations Division. During the course of the investigation, the detective interviewed neighbors and witnesses in the area and obtained surveillance video footage from the area. The video footage helped Detective Adams identify the suspect vehicle as a gray Nissan truck occupied by two individuals, the sheriff said.

After further investigation, the detective identified Jarvis and Reed as the suspects in the break-in, according to the news release.

Detective Adams located both suspects and recovered stolen property valued at $8,913 in their possession, which was returned to the homeowner, Campbell said.

As a result of the investigation, Jarvis and Reed were arrested and charged with three counts of Felony Breaking and Entering, three counts of Felony Larceny after Breaking and Entering, and one count of Conspiracy to Comment Felony Larceny each. Reed was also charged with Felony Obtaining Property by False Pretense.

Jarvis was arrested on December 13, and transported to the Iredell County Detention Center. He was brought before Magistrate Thompson, who ordered Jarvis held without bond because he was free on bond on earlier charges.

Reed was arrested on December 17 and transported to the Iredell County Detention Center. He was brought before Magistrate Watkins, who issued a $12,000 secured bond on the charges.