Special to Iredell Free News
The founders of Trinitas Classical Academy, a K-8 classical charter school planned for southern Iredell County, are preparing to welcome the school’s first students.
This new charter school, which will be located on the former site of Mt. Mourne School at 1431 Mecklenburg Highway in Mooresville, will offer “a rich curriculum that combines the best of the classical tradition with modern pedagogical methods.”
The opening is pending approval from the State of North Carolina’s Department of Public Instruction.
In a news release, the founders said Trinitas Academy would provide “a world-class education that nurtures critical thinking, fosters a love for learning, and instills a deep sense of civic responsibility.”
The school’s core features include:
• Classical Curriculum: A rigorous, time-tested classical curriculum that exposes students to the Great Books, classical languages, and the art of rhetoric. All our curriculum maps and tools will be available for parents to follow along at home.
• Arts: A robust arts program that includes music, visual arts, and drama, allowing students to explore and develop their creative talents.
• Latin: The study of Latin, a classical language, to enhance language skills, vocabulary, and an appreciation for the classical world.
• Logic: A focus on the development of critical thinking and logical reasoning skills to equip students for success in any field they choose.
• Home School Integration: Trinitas plans to provide meeting space and creative ways to integrate the growing homeschool community into the K-8 campus.
• Athletics: A comprehensive athletics program designed to promote physical fitness, teamwork, and sportsmanship. Students will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of sports, fostering physical well-being and character development.
Families and students who seek a classical education with a modern perspective are invited to join the waitlist. By joining, you will receive updates and priority enrollment information. For more information and to join the waitlist, visit TrinitasSchools.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.