BY KARISSA MILLER
The Iredell County Board of Commissioners will conduct a public hearing at 7 p.m. Tuesday regarding the uniform schedules of values, standards and rules for the market value and present use value to be used for the 2023 countywide reappraisal.
This document lays out how the value adjustments are made.
The commissioners meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Iredell County Government Center, 200 S. Center Street, Statesville. The board will also meet at 5 p.m. to discuss items on the agenda in greater detail. Both meetings are open to the public.
According to N.C. General Statute, counties are required to conduct a property revaluation at least every eight years. Iredell County adopted a four-year cycle in 1993.
Notices are expected to be mailed to all property owners in February 2023 which will detail their 2023 real estate assessed value. The notice will contain information regarding the appeal process; however, if the property owner believes the value is fair, no action is required.
Also, during the October 4 meeting, the board will:
• Consider a request from the Mecklenburg County Young Marines to proclaim October 23 -31, 2022, as Red Ribbon Week;
• Conduct a public hearing to consider the adoption of the 2024 Public Transportation Program funding request;
• Consider a request from Planning & Development to consider calling for a public hearing on October 18 at 7 p.m. in regard to a text amendment to the Land Development Code;
• Consider a request from Solid Waste for approval to apply for the Abandoned Mobile Home Grant;
• Consider a request from the Finance Department for approval of a budget amendment in the amount of $27,623 to transfer unallocated funds in Juvenile Crime Prevention Council Fund to Children’s Hope Alliance and Piedmont Mediation equally;
• Consider a request from the Finance Department for approval of Budget Amendment in the amount of $2.79 million to allocate additional capital money to Iredell-Statesville Schools and Mooresville Graded Schools based on the actual sales taxes received in FY 21-22;
• Consider a request from Emergency Medical Services for approval to purchase Power Load Cot Fastening Systems;
• Consider a request for selection of an Engineer for Jennings Park Project Construction Materials Testing and Inspection Services;
• Consider a request from the Finance Department for approval of the selection of an Architectural Firm for Design Services related to the Iredell County Government Center Entryway Project;
• Consider a request for Construction Manager at Risk for Iredell County Government Center Entryway Project; and
• Consider a request from Animal Services to call for a public hearing on October 18 at 7 p.m. in regard to amendments to the Animal Control Ordinance.