Special to Iredell Free News

Three suspects face charges after a pursuit by Mooresville police officers ended with a suspect vehicle crashing into three other vehicles.

On Tuesday, May 17, about 2:26 p.m., the Mooresville Police Department received a call about a shoplifting incident at Tractor Supply, located at 219 E. Plaza Drive, according to an MPD news release.

Four suspects fled the scene in a vehicle and were pursued by MPD officers, police said. Stop sticks were deployed to disable the vehicle and MPD deployed StarChase.

The vehicle pursuit ended when the suspect vehicle collided with three vehicles on Williamson Road near Cardigan Way, police said.

All four suspects fled on foot and were pursued and taken into custody by MPD officers. All four suspects were transported to Lake Norman Regional Medical Center for minor injuries. No additional medical transports were made.

Upon suspect vehicle seizure and search, officers located two realistic BB guns in the vehicle, police said.


Kandy Poole
Lionel Thomas
Christopher Beeler

Christopher Mark Beeler, 47, of Charlotte was charged with felony conspiracy and felony larceny. He was also served with an outstanding warrant for absconding probation. Beeler received a $30,000 secured bond.

Lionel Jay Thomas, 53, of Denver was charged with felony conspiracy, felony larceny, habitual larceny and resist, delay, or obstruct a law enforcement officer. He was also served with eight outstanding warrants for his arrest. Thomas received a $50,000 secured bond.

Kandy Michelle Poole, 49, of Stallings was charged with felony flee to elude, felony conspiracy, felony larceny, resist, delay, or obstruct a law enforcement officer, and several other traffic related charges. Poole received a $100,000 secured bond.

The fourth suspect was not charged.

2 thoughts on “MPD: Three suspects face charges after police pursuit ends in crash on Williamson Road

  1. Debbie bunton says:

    At least 3 victims of the crash were transported to LNRMC by EMS along with the suspects. My daughter was one of them. While the suspects received first treatment, my daughter sat in the waiting room for 2 hours and was seen until after they were discharged. Please get your facts correct!

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: