Special to Iredell Free News

The Mooresville Fire Marshal’s Office has determined that the cause of an early morning fire on Ashe Street was accidental. 

Mooresville-Fire Rescue personnel responded to report of a fire in mobile home at 604 Ashe Street about 5:02 a.m. Wednesday.

Engine 1 was first to arrive on the scene and found heavy smoke coming from the residence. The crew made entry and extinguished the fire.

While Engine 1’s crew was extinguishing the fire, Engine 5’s crew made entry to assist with search and fire control. During the search, Engine 5’s crew located a cat, removed it from the home and performed life-saving measures.

With the assistance of Iredell County Animal Control and the Fire Marshal’s Office, the injured cat was transported to Randall Veterinary Hospital in Mooresville, where it is being treated for burns and smoke inhalation.

No other occupants were injured from the fire. Red Cross was contacted and is helping the residents with their needs. 

Safety Reminder

Mooresville Fire-Rescue encourages all residents to check smoke alarms and ensure they are working and have a good battery. Smoke alarms help alert occupants when there is a fire and help provide enough time for everyone to evacuate safely. Also, once you are out, stay out! For any additional information regarding smoke alarms, contact the Mooresville Fire Marshal’s Office at 704-664-1338.

%d bloggers like this: